About Surge Scale Technology
The Pandemic Defense Platform
To learn more about Surge Scale Technology
A Test Alone is not the Answer-The Platform Is
For large shared environments, there are no testing platforms at the point-of-collection that produce an inexpensive, highly accurate, digitally verifiable result, in 5 minutes or less, at surge scale available today.
The Pandemic Defense Platform is the solution that can “surge-scale” and supply digitally determined and verified results to test takers in 5 minutes at the point-of-collection with high degrees of accuracy.
- Defending ourselves from pandemic threats requires testing platforms. Not just a test
- FluroTest provides that testing platform that includes a test. A test is not sufficient alone
Built to make frequent testing fast, convenient, highly reliable and affordable, and all at the point-of-collection.
- “Saliva to results” on your mobile device in 5 minutes.
- Tests per hour starting at 3,000 per platform installation. Higher throughputs achievable depending on configuration.
- Accuracy expected to equal or exceed 98%
- Platform delivers am independent & digitally verifiable result to the test taker’s mobile device in 5 minutes.
- Cloud-based data system provides real-time, up-to-date, viral status information everywhere the test taker needs to prove their viral status.
- Virus test available first, with antibody test in development.
- Cost per test to the test taker <= US $20.00.
- In place and ready for the next viral, pathogen, or antibody threat.
SARS-CoV-2 Platform Test Steps
Example of Environments Served-Configurations designed for “surge scaling” to many thousands of tests per hour as needed.
- Colleges and Universities
- Convention Centers
- Food Processing Plants
- Hospitals & Large Health Complexes
- Sporting Arenas
- Train Stations
Learn more about the Platform, Installation and Service
Step One: Sample Collection
- A testing “proctor” hands a small plastic bag to the test taker.
- Test taker opens the bag and removes the saliva collection tube.
- Test taker opens app on their mobile device and scans the QR or bar scan on the saliva collection tube, thus connecting their identity to the saliva collection tube.
- Test taker drools into the saliva collection tube and screws on the top to seal it.
Step Two: Sample Processing
- Test taker places the saliva collection tube directly into an automated “harness” designed to rapidly collect samples.
- The saliva tube is pre-loaded with a dry deactivation agent to immediately deactivate the virus.
- Samples are processed in a continuous flow basis and automatically inserted into a microplate reader.
Step Three: Sample Measuring
- Microplate reader reads 96 tests and transmits results to a secure cloud based based environment for in 1.5 minutes as well as processing as few as 8 ports in a fraction of that time.
Step Four: Digitally Verified Results within 5 minutes
- Cloud based results immediately transmitted to the test taker and test validator to the extent such data is being immediately employed at the point of collection for approval of the person to proceed.
Platform Development and Market Partners
- Deep experience in nanomaterials
- Provides monodisperse and unagglomerated metal and metal-oxide nanomaterials.
- Partner with FluroTech at the laboratory level
Meridian Life Sciences
- Leading US-based supplier of antigens, antibodies, and reagents.
- FDA Registered
- SO 13485 Certified.
- World leader in salivary bioscience.
- FDA Registered
- ISO 13485:2016 Certified and 21 CFR 820 (cGMP) compliant.
Platform Market Partners
- Global manufacturer of innovative, high precision microplate fluorimeter systems.
- Focus on high throughput fluorescence detection.
- Highly respected globally in laboratories with significant manufacturing capacity.
- Leader in laboratory robotics, fluid handling, automation software.
- 37-year history of leadership and innovation.
- Provides sales, training, field support for the Pandemic Defense Platform
- Producer of over 100 billion diagnostic tests and devices to date.
- Deep experience in lateral flow test production.
- FDA compliant and ISO 13485: 2016 certified.
Leader in laboratory robotics, fluid handling, automation software. 37-year history of leadership and innovation. Provides sales, training, field support for the Pandemic Defense Platform